Creative Value of Building Blocks
Constructive, open-ended play
- Play develops as child grows from lining up to stacking to bridging to creating enclosures to thematic play.
- Testing attractiveness of structures
- Pretend play structures
- Demonstrates math concepts
- Develops ability to visualize relationships
- Demonstrates balance and gravity
- Develops social skills
- Helps coping with frustration
- Builds self-esteem
- Develops large and small motor skills
- Develops eye-hand coordination
30 Piece Beka Building Block Starter Set
includes: 2 Double Pillars, 2 Columns, 1 Half Circle, 10 Half Unit Blocks, 4 Unit Blocks, 2 Small Triangles, 6 Half Pillars, 1 Roman Arch, 2 Pillars.
Beka's Unit Block Sets are based on the standard 1-3/8" x 2-3/4" x 5-1/2" unit, which is a standard block set dimension used in schools and day care centers nationwide. Each block is a fraction or multiple of the basic unit, providing blocks that support successful block play. Each set includes an assortment of block shapes and sizes to provide a wide range of building options to the child using them.
With basic building blocks, children can play for hours building towers, bridges, cities, creatures, and more with these toys that inspire creativity, patience, and small-motor skills. This set of hard maple wooden building blocks will last for generations.
Why Hard Maple for building blocks?
- Maple building blocks are heirloom quality, lasts a lifetime
- Northern hardwood, for great durability of building blocks
- Weight increases stability of building block "towers"
- Maple is a renewable domestic resource
- Hard Maple building blocks develop a patina with use.
These wooden building blocks are just right for growing, creative hands. Beka's Hard Maple Unit Blocks help children learn basic number concepts, develop logical thinking and improve motor skills. These building blocks are designed to last a lifetime, all are smooth sanded, have rounded edges and corners, with no artificial finish.
Building blocks, like many traditional toys, have other educational advantages for a child with ADHD. With building blocks, the number of positive outcomes is limitless, so children can continue playing until they've reached a level of personal satisfaction.
These Beka Building Block Sets are recommended for children ages 3 and older. Quality Beka American-made educational toys.
Read about the child development value of wooden and oversized building blocks here.